A Bunch of Benefits in Early Exercise
- Improves overall fitness
- Causes less fatigue
- Enhances concentration at home and school
- Balances chemicals in the brain to create healthier mental states
- Strengthens muscles and bones which leads to less injuries
- Strengthens heart which leads to better overall health
Causes of Obesity in the US
- Lack of stress on the importance of physical activity for children exists.
- With technology and electronics advancing everyday, children exercise less.
- Children are developing the habit of staying indoors without realizing the exercise opportunities available.
- Early inactivity can lead to many health problems throughout life such as heart disease.
- 1 in 3 children are overweight.
- 1 in 5 infants drink soda.
- Only 30% of high school students eat vegetables everyday.
- 25% of children do not take part in any physical activity.
- Children spend over 7 hours a day on technology.
Future Crippling Consequences of Childhood Obesity
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Cardiovascular disease
- Joint problems
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Breathing problems
- “Childhood Obesity.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 5 Dec. 2018, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/childhood-obesity/symptoms-causes/syc-20354827.
- “Exercise for Children and Young People.” NHS Choices, NHS, 2020, http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information/general-health-advice/leading-active-lifestyle/exercise-children-and-young-people.Gaille, Brandon.
- “151 Catchy Healthy Eating Slogans for Kids.” BrandonGaille.com, 5 Mar. 2019, http://brandongaille.com/43-catchy-healthy-eating-slogans-for-kids/.